01 September, 2009

24

It's a little after midnight and being that it is now September 2nd, I am officially a year older.

I think I'm finally an adult because for the first time in my life I have no plans, no party, no nothing. My big birthday plans include picking up a used bike, and cleaning my kitchen. I will be eagerly ripping open a box that has been sitting on my desk though. The boy sent me something and I am dying to see what it is.

I guess I'm a little melancholy tonight. I've never spent a birthday alone before. So when I saw this photo The Boy took of me at our friend's place in SF this past spring, I saw it as a moment of indecision and aprehension captured on film. It seemed to fit my mood just now.




Happy Birthday, Me.

4 comments:

K. said...

Your photo selection pleases me. I am pleased. By the photo. Selected. Your. Pleaeaase. me the. pho.

K. said...

Also, Happy Birfday... again. :-)

Carrie Clevenger said...

Happy Birthday! Grown-up birthdays suck. My boy's birthday is in 4 days. I still don't know what to do for him. :\

Anonymous said...

Very, very, very, very, very, very happy birthday, R.

Pink boots just scream "birthday" don't they?

:-)