22 August, 2009

This Is My Life

There is nothing like biking to your neighborhood produce shop in the sun to come home and prepare a dinner of Dhal, Curried chicken and potatoes, Bhindi Bhaji, and bay leaf soaked rice. We cooked curry in a wok while listening to MC Hammer in a flat in England.



We also discovered magnetic poetry stuck to the side of our refrigerator and have since begun tormenting one another with it.

Our first poem sprung forth from the eating of tarts and discussing being an interracial household.



"You are whit(e)y. I, pariah. Tantamount torment! We know ennui. Usurp my Treacle."


And today we picked up the Russian print from 1927 and hung it in our otherwsie empty living room!


This is my life.

1 comment:

Carrie Clevenger said...

And it is splendid, my dear.