19 February, 2009

Fabric Experiments, Team Project

Today I successfully killed a few brain cells by melting clear PVC in layers to create fabric I can work with. I layered fake hair between the PVC and found a way to cause the plastic to ripple with the heat. My bedroom smells awful right now, though. (Or so I'm told, as I am still very sick and cannot smell a thing.)

OK, before you tell me it looks like pubic hair underwater, let me tell you that the photo isn't doing it justice. In person it's incredibly cool. It is both revolting and enticing when you touch it, which is exactly the look I'm going for....




My fabulous Hair Dress idea has been set aside for another time, and the project has changed into something even more ridiculous and amazing. I don't want to say anything in case it goes horribly wrong, but tomorrow's shopping list includes: heavy duty pliers, wire clippers, protective eye goggles, lab coat, and fake hair.

The project is going to be more modern art than fashion. My team mate and I are both big idea girls, and we tend to aim far too high for our own good. But if we can pull this off, it will be epic.

3 comments:

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Penny said...

Ooooh that's nifty. I can't wait to see how the whole thing turned out! You are so clever.

The Redhead said...

Aww thanks Penny! :D