19 February, 2010

Fashion Week Friday

I am home from the fashion show, and I have kicked off my incredibly high heels. A cuppa tea, some food to balance out all the wine I had.....It was a good night.

The catwalk shows were held in a subterranean bar that used to be a bath house. The walls had skeletal wallpaper, the corners were draped in red velvet, and the place was lit by candles in golden candelabras. FAB. U. LOUS!

The clothes were by designer James Hock, and some of the key pieces were really fun. (Sadly, I didn't get great photos)



The catwalk was preceded by a showing of the short shoe-film I helped make, and it was the first time I saw it put together. It was beautiful. I was proud to be involved. I met some cool people, made a new contact or two, and began discussing the next collection with the designer. Turns out he wants to start working on his next collection in a week or two and wants me involved from the very beginning!!! This means I'm going to learn some 3d work in Rhino, some mould-making techniques, some design, and then probably how to deal with getting prototypes made. This is EPIC! I can't wait!

What I wore to fashion week: Fluevog boots, Betsey Johnson dress, vintage fur jacket, and a fur hat given to me the day before by my favourite redhead. I went for that 6'5" Russian spy girl look...


Oh! I also realize I have never mentioned who it is I'm working with. His name is Eelko Moorer and the girl who made the stop-motion film of Eelko's work is Catherine Anyango who unfortunately doesn't seem to have a proper site up yet. Her work is incredible, and when I can get a copy of the film, I will post it here for all to see. For the record, they are both incredibly cool people and great to work with. I can't wait to start a new project!

1 comment:

Carrie Clevenger said...

This EPIC indeed! What you have been waiting for! I'm so glad things are fantastic for you.